So are you thinking of treating the family or yourself to a delicious breakfast. Instead of the conventional breakfast like bread and tea or yam and fried eggs, you could switch things up by making pancakes. There’s nothing as delightful as and more likely to give a foodgasm than the taste of pancakes drenched with syrup (honey is also a good substitute for syrup).
Flour -5 cups
Baking powder – 2 tsp
3 medium sized eggs
½ can of evaporated milk
Salt to taste
Sugar – 3 spoonful heaps
HOW TO PREPARE
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, add the baking powder and sugar into the bowl.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and add the milk before whisking it together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of flour and stir until smooth
- Add some water to the batter to make it slightly watery, be careful not to add too much water so the batter doesn’t become too watery.
- Grease up your frying pan (preferably a non-stick frying pan) with a little oil, one tbs should be enough and heat up your frying pan (your gas should be on low heat)
- Pour some of the batter into the frying pan and let it spread in the pan.
- Wait for one side to be done before you flip it to the other side ( just watch out for the bubbles on top and when they are all popped, you can safely flip your pancake).
- Your pancake should be golden brown and fluffy
- Repeat until batter finishes
- Serve with maple syrup or honey or any other syrup of your choice.
Note: you can add flavours of your choice to your pancake batter if you so desire. You can also garnish your pancakes with any fruit topping of your choice.