Are you a lover of fish? If yes, then this article is for you. As a student, I have been saved many times from the monotony of my eating timetable by using fish to add flair to my meals. In addition to its cost efficiency (it is relatively cheap); it is quite healthy and filled with important nutrients like protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iodine and vitamin D.
It lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes: studies have shown that due to the presence of Omega-3 fatty acids, eating at least one serving offish every week had a 15% lower risk of having heart disease and even a lower risk of having a stroke.
- It increases grey matter in the brain and protects it from age related deterioration
- It may help prevent and treat depression
- Fish may also help prevent asthma in children
Today’s recipe is fish sauce. It is quite easy to make and can eaten with a variety of food. For this particular recipe, I usually prepare mine with herrings (shawa) because of the unique taste it has though I would advise that extra care should be taken when filleting the fish if you are preparing it for the kids. It happens to be very bony and it might get stuck in their throat.
- Fish ( herrings is preferred, but you can use any kind of fish)
- 8 big tomatoes
- Small bell pepper (rodo, you can use your discretion when buying them)
- 2 medium sized onions
- Cut your fish into desired pieces, clean and boil it with enough seasoning
- Clean the tomatoes ,pepper and onions and blend them together
- Take a clean saucepan and heat oil in it
- Add the blended pepper to the heated oil
- Fillet your fish and add it to the sauce
Season as desired
you can serve with any food of your choice.
Do enjoy your 🐠 stew😋
Written by Yusuf Aisha
Yusuf Aisha is a budding law student and writer. She loves writing and her love for good food made her a food blogger. She is currently the official food blogger for The Proud Muslimah Magazine. You can contact Aisha at firstname.lastname@example.org